Be Equipped: (necessities such as tools or provisions.) Being equipped with the proper personal security and self defense tools whether it is a lethal, or non-lethal, or an alternative self defense tool, can greatly impact your personal security in a positive way. They are an important part of an overall self defense strategy.
Lethal: (Capable of causing death.) Just the definition of a lethal Personal Secuirty and Self Defense tools causes some people to fear, with good reason. When you carry a lethal one there is a great responsibility that inherently comes with it. A lethal tool can be a very effective choice with proper training and practice.
· Guns, particularly pistols are the most common lethal self defense device.
· They come in a variety of different calibers and sizes to fit each individuals needs.
· If you carry it for self defense; that would imply that you would be willing to use it, possible taking another humans life to save your own.
· You must insure that you get proper training, required permits, store it properly to avoid any accidents,and practice with it regularly.
· Pepper spray is a non-lethal non-toxic aerosol spray used for self defense. The active ingredient in pepper spray is a naturally occurring substance called Oleoresin Capsicum or “OC”. Pepper spray comes in dispersal types: Fogger, Stream, and Foam. Pepper spray offers the most bang for the buck of all non-lethal security products.
· TASERS are non-lethal electroshock devices for self defense purposes only that disrupt the body’s neuromuscular systems using electrical currents. They come in three different models; the C2 which is fashionable compact, the ML18 advanced TASER resembles a gun in shape and size, and the X26C that is gun shaped and offers many features.
Alternative: An alternative personal security tool is anything you can find wherever you are. They can be both lethal and non-lethal depending on the self defense tool used, placement and power of the strike on the offender. When it comes down to it you do what you have to in order to flee. Let me give you some examples of possible self defense tools in your car, home, or on your person. Because of liabilities I won’t be explaining how to use these items; however the element of surprise is usually on your side with one of these self defense tools.
· In the Car; ice scrapers, snow brushes, keys, sunglasses, a hard sun glass case, CD or CD case etc.
· At Home; any aerosol can, a tooth brush, T.V remotes, drinking glasses, kitchen utensils, books, trash cans etc.
· On your person; would be your wallet, loose change, pen or pencil, cell phone, comb, umbrella etc.
· This is by no means an exhaustive list when you consider almost anything can be used as an alternative self defense tools. The key to any alternative self defense tools is that they don’t appear as self defense tools and give you the element of surprise. By holding correctly, striking with force in the right area they are effective.
In Summary, with any self defense personal security products you should follow the laws and regulations in your area, practice with it and realize the moral and legal responsibilities that you take upon yourself when you carry them. Though it is never guaranteed, these items can give you the upper hand and a chance to flee. In future articles, additional rules will help you maximize your personal security and safety. Remember the best time to learn your lesson about personal security and self defense is before something happens.
Adam Sisterhen is the president of Your Personal Security Store (s90x.com), self defense instructor, author of personal security and self defense articles and a Rotarian. He is a proud advocate and a firm believer in personal security and self defense training and products that help protect you, your family and your loved ones.
To find the products talked about in this article and a wealth of information check these links below.
For the quality personal security and self defense products visit [http://www.s90x.com] Security to the 90th power!
For insights into products and personal security and self defense visit http://www.yourpersonalsecuritystore.blogspot.com